Pune doctors attend CME on Diabetes – Over 50 post-graduate students of medicine from various medical institutes in Pune attended the CME at Chellaram Diabetes Institute, Pune on Monday, January 31, 2011. The half day workshop dealt with various issues related to Diabetes Treatment and Care
The topics ranged from international research and studies on diabetes, to practical issues related to diabetes treatment, as well as new and unconventional approaches being explored for treatment and research.
The sessions in this CME workshop were as under:
- Diabetes and cardio-vascular disease: Evidence based perspective – Dr. Ananda Basu, Associate Professor, Mayo Clinic, USA
- ADA guidelines for standard of care in Diabetes – Dr. Kiranjit Singh, Director, Clinical Services & Outreach Program, CDI, Pune
- Intensive Insulin Therapy in Critically ill - Dr. D. Kadam, Professor & Head of Medicine, B. J. Medical College, Pune
- New Frontiers in Diabetes Mellitus – Dr. Unnikrishnan, Professor of Endocrinology, Amruta Institute of Medical Science, Kochi
- Errors in the management of Diabetes – Dr. Narendra Kotwal, Professor of Endocrinology, AFMC, Pune
- Pathogenesis of fasting and postprandial hyperglycemia – Dr. Rita Basu, Associate Professor, Mayo Clinic, USA
(Chairman, Chellaram Foundation)
in conversation with Dr. Rita Basu
(Associate Professor, Mayo Clinic, USA)
Intensive Indoor Diabetes Management – A 1 day CME Workshop was conducted, on 2nd March 2010, by CDI at the B.J. Medical College - Pune for PG Students and Senior Nurses. Around 150 Students benefited from this course.